IPR Training with Central Detective Training Institute, Ghaziabad on December 18th, 2018
1. Venue of Training: Central Detective Training Institute, CGO Complex, Kamla Nehru Nagar, Near Hapur Road, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh-201002
2. Police Academy: Central Detective Training Institute, Ghaziabad
3. Coordinator-In-charge: Mr. Suryakant Patil
4. Number of Participants: 25 Police officers
5. Topics covered: The following topics were discussed:
• Introduction to Intellectual Property Rights with a brief overview of different IP.
• Relevant statutory provisions in the Trade Marks Act, 1999; Patent Act, 1970; Copyright Act, 1957; Information Technology Act, 2000; Indian Penal Code, 1860; The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973; and Evidence Act, 1872.
• Procedure for carrying out raid – roles and responsibilities of Police.
• Relevant notifications, case laws and other legal principles dealing with both Civil and Criminal enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights.
• Investigating IP crimes with the help of various case studies.
• Counterfeiting and Piracy in the Digital World – Challenges and Solutions, Understanding Social and Economic Impacts of Counterfeiting and Piracy.
•Brand Identification Presentations to curb the menace of counterfeiting.
6. The objective of Training: The training was aimed to enlighten the Police officials on different aspects of the investigation of infringement of Intellectual Property Rights and equipping them with key skills necessary to monitor and control the manufacture and sale of counterfeit products by sharing specific inputs and intelligence of suspicious markets.